Monday, March 13, 2017

Easter



It's that time of year for soft pastels...
so let's mix it up with cobalt blue!






The Greek key chargers are an easy DIY.




Cut the fabric a few inches larger than the charger. 
Apply a thick coating of Mod Podge 
to both sides of the charger 
with a more concentrated amount on the edges.
Wrap the fabric around the charger.
Apply Mod Podge to the front and back of the fabric.

Here's a view of the back...not perfect.




It's an excellent idea for the holidays!

 
Cotton-poly blend fabrics work well.
I don't recommend using flannel unless you're willing to chance it. 
The lower right square is flannel and "worked," 
although my first attempt was unsuccessful 
with a beautiful flannel in a forest green plaid.
These are not dishwasher safe chargers, 
but I've used them several times 
and have had no casualties.
Back to the table...




Glue ribbon to the eggs, tying a bow at the top.
With the white (unfortunately, no longer sold) grass 
strewn about and the abstract style painted eggs, 
this scape is one of my favorites.
It's a glorious mess!  



For the eggs,
blob and swirl the paint 
or
put the two colors on the egg 
and 
drag a tiny paintbrush or wire through the two colors.



The egg above and the two eggs on either side 
of the rabbit below
have a pearl white and metallic paint which give a shine.  
I prefer the matte egg in the bowl below,
but my most favorite is in an upcoming post.
















 









19 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous tablescape! What a great idea about decoupaging the chargers. I decoupage lots of stuff, but didn't think of this. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very kind of you, Shannon. Good luck with all your projects...and don't forget to post! I'll see you over on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan of blue and white. Very nice table. I like your tutorials for chargers and the eggs. I always see chargers when I am thrifting. You have given me an idea for them.

    Barbara
    fairmeadowplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic and thank you! I hope to see your creations soon.

      Delete
  4. Now, you know that I love this blue and white tablescape! Those eggs are amazing! You've inspired me to try to make some blue and white chargers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Shenita. I can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your "glorious mess" is beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Monday Social!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind compliment and for hosting! Have a good day.

      Delete
  7. Only one word for this blue and white fan...GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcia, Thank you for your generous words. I enjoyed your blog...lovely photography and text. Have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  8. I can't get enough of cobalt blue this season and I am in love with those Greek Key charagers. Beautiful table! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  9. Blue and white is always so fresh, and I can't believe you have just the right accessories to bring it all together. Quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I appreciate it. Have a nice weekend.

      Delete
  10. The blue and white is gorgeous. Great tip with the chargers. I'll have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it try! I'd love to see your finished project. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  11. Nancy,
    Love your cobalt blue for Easter... I pinned to both my Spring and Blue and White Pinterest boards.

    ...from one blue lover to another...

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much from this blue fan! I appreciate it.

      Delete
  12. Love the tablescape. I have collected cobalt blue glass for a long time, but the other day I had to make a choice in the thrift store, and chose the blue and white ginger jar. Great idea about the chargers, but since you aren't washing them, you could use gift wrap or paper napkins. Michael's had some pretty blue and white napkins and accessories you could apply with Modge Podge.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete