Monday, January 9, 2017

Spring!

                                         Well, sure. 
                 It's not quite March 20th, but we're getting closer! 

My number one pick for table linens
 is found in 
Mr. McGregor's woodshed.
Drop cloth!
Yep, tablecloth and napkins.

The natural fabric and organic texture 
are perfect for either a casual or elegant setting 
and don't forget bleaching as an option for a white 
Valentine's Day table.




















And because we're all a little meloncholy that the 
happy Christmas decor is now packed away,
here's a view of 
Christmas past...
mine!



The Nutcracker SWEET.




Rudolph...epson salt and feathers.



Who's the ravenous shopper who bought all the white wreaths?!
I had to dip into my kindergarten craft skills 
and use the big girl scissors to cut my way out of a bag...
white kitchen garbage bag to be exact.  
Bag ladies, unite!





Elf on a Shelf meet Mensch on a Bench.













Born to the House of David, 
He now awaits a singular dinner party with all the world.  
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock;
 if any man hear my voice, and open the door, 
I will come in to him and will sup with him, 
and he with me."
Rev 3:20



Is He a Christian or a Jew?  
All the answers to all the possibilities 
form the details
 to perfect evening....
a dinner party 
etched in colloquy. 


Before and after:








The 3 pieces were painted black and dry brushed in silver.




New Year's Eve Celebration























"Let's drink to us,
to our happiness and what lies ahead...
then let's smash the glasses in the fireplace."  
~The Bishop's Wife, 1947~
Happy New Year!

...and say hello on Instagram.




8 comments:

  1. So many beautiful tables all in one spot. The Peter Rabbit table is lovely, and I do like the idea of using a drop cloth, or any unconventional alternative for a tablecloth! Thank you so much for sharing at Celebrate Your Story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas past was beautiful and I love the nod to spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to lots of spring posts in the blog world.

      Delete
  3. Love how you painted everything as it made them all so perfect! The white feathers were an added perfection!
    HI! I am nance5210 on instagram.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! What a treat to chat with an Instagram friend. I enjoy your posts. Thanks for all the kind words. I hope you have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Fun to see all your fun tables. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete