Sunday, November 27, 2016

White-Out




Welcome!
The color that transforms 
everything 
into a clean, crisp, classic,
brightens our 
joyful 
Christmas mantel.




Switching 
to a white-out mantel
at the last minute,
simply offers a reason to grab 
a little more glue 
and a bigger brush!



The NOEL letters, 
originally covered in silver glitter,  
stand out with a fresh coat of white paint.




Silver glitter creates a perfect texture under the paint.




Wrap berries and ribbon 
around the    
nutcrackers, christmas tree
and urn 
after painting.










There are no white Christmas stockings,
(worth purchasing at this late date)
 and without a sewing machine,
burlap is the obvious answer.  
Oops, no white burlap
so 
the stockings are painted white.

The burlap is cut, painted and glued together.
A wide ribbon 
and thin red accent 
are placed atop to complete the design. 




No white garland?  
Feathers!

Thanks for visiting
and
enjoy your day!





20 comments:

  1. I love white or silver and red at Christmas. I agree; it's timeless. Thank you for sharing your lovely mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...we share a color bond! Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Kim. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, what a beautiful mantel! I love the pop of red against the white...so pretty! I also love the idea of using feathers instead of traditional garland. I think it turned out perfect! I hope that you are having a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Shannon. Those feather definitely give it a different look. Have nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've chosen the perfect look for the backdrop of your gorgeous stone fireplace! Love the crisp white with touches of red. Feather boas are the perfect winter accessory for a mantel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori. Thanks for your kinds words.

      Delete
  7. The feathers as snow... ingenious!!! I'm more and more drawn to incorporate white into my decor this year! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love color, but...I'm your cheerleader for anything white! Thanks and have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Transforming what I already own is one of my favorite things to do. I had a itch to paint nutcrackers this year. So cute. Thanks for linking to Monday Social.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks...and I'd love to see your transformations! I hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The wall behind our mantles is stone also and this gives me tons of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your white and red Christmas decor. It's beautiful and your mantle is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty & festive! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Dishing It & Digging It & congratulations on being featured this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased the post appealed to someone...thanks for the compliment! Thank you.

      Delete