Monday, November 14, 2016

Paint It!

Paint everything.
Well, almost everything.
With the stroke of a brush, 
my happy obsession 
turns the 
everyday ordinary 
into a 
unique original.

Here's a quick example...
One of the two statues is painted in 
gold 
to create a bit of
drama 
within the visual.
Customize with color...so many options.

Today's painted metamorphic details
start with a before and after photo
of the two selected shades.

The silvery black pumpkins are featured in  
(click on the title above to view the post)
with a base of black paint, 
a second coat of metallic silver
and a 
watery metallic gold wash 
for a bit of sparkle.




Here's a look at the 
painted pumpkins in the
Tower of Terror's Black Boa Dinner Party.




The next table uses 
gray gesso paint 
on the candle holders and tray (under the moss),
with a
dry-brush 
application of 
white gesso.



The pumpkins are painted in a 
gray acrylic  
and 
highlighted 
with a white acrylic.



















Finally, 
here's a look at that tray hidden under the moss.
The crown (from another setting) uses acrylic paint, 
while the tray is in gesso.
The finishes do look similar, 
although I prefer gesso 
for that unfinished, textured effect. 


Thanks for visiting...now go 

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Paint is my best friend too :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, oops, had to repost my comment...it's nice to know there's a fellow "painter" out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pumpkins along with the tablescape look gorgeous! The table linens you chose are beautiful, and the green moss placed under the pumpkins are the perfect touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, How did I miss this? Thanks for taking the time to send such positivity! Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  4. Wow, so beautiful. I am thrilled to be seeing your table and the painting. I have never used gesso, so i shall be trying out this method soon. The tablescape is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your lovely creations at DI&DI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I hope you find gesso paint as "interesting" as I do.

      Delete
  5. Everything here is beautiful and thank you for inspiring me to paint more often. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra Lee, I've enjoyed reading the stories posted...such talent. Thanks for your kind words and definitely pick up a paint brush!

      Delete
  6. Nancy, just a gorgeous table setting, love all the details and the painted pumpkins! Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, This is just the tip of my bloated painting iceberg. Such fun. Thanks for your encouragement!

      Delete
  7. Stunning tablescape! I love love love the soft blues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy someone else shares my love of faded color. Thanks so much for visiting and have a great day!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! Your post was my Most Clicked at #OverTheMoon this week. Visit me on Sunday evening and to see your feature! Don't forget your badge. I invite you to leave more links to be shared and commented upon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice surprise! I look forward to speaking with you.
      Thanks for your support.

      Delete
  9. Seeing how you used the painted pumpkins in table settings brings them to life. It's one thing to see the pumpkins alone and quite a revelation to see them in table settings. Thanks for giving such a great tutorial.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judith,
      Thanks for the your words. I've enjoyed changing-up my little world with a bottle of paint. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  10. I always used to say, "If it doesn't move, paint it!" I love your love affair with paint. You've provided a great deal of inspiration for all of us. Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for inviting us for a peek. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you...your mantra was fantastic. I hope you pick up a brush now and again. Have a wonderful celebration on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete